In the last day, this blog has received two honors. One, we just found out, was the “Most Popular Post of the Day for 1/19 – Shrimp Avocado Rolls” on FoodBlogs. The other, courtesy of JeffR author of The Anti-Ignorance Blog, was the Honest Award for being honest … of course!. The rules of the award state that I need to list 10 honest things about myself and then pass the award on to ten other deserving bloggers. Not sure that I actually deserve this award since I subscribe to the notion that “if you can’t dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with bull-twinkie”. Though, I do consider myself a fairly honest person. So, I will attempt to make my list-of-ten as revealingly truthful as possible.
1. I am not really a Caveman. Though, I was given that moniker at the ripe old age of 13.
2. My real name is Mark, which I hated as a kid. Back then, I always wanted to be named Jim or Johnny. At least my Mom didn’t go with her first choice, Seth! ;) (No offense to any Seths out there.)
3. I used to be an on-air rock ‘n roll DJ. Now, I do voice overs for a living.
4. I’d rather be fishing than just about anything else, except for playing/hanging with my family. One of my dreams has always been to be on the Bassmasters tour. Cooking runs a very close second, btw.
5. I HATE to fly. I’ve had three very close calls over the years, which has messed me up to the point that I need Lorazepam to actually get on a plane.
6. I also hate cleaning! I’d almost rather fly than clean.
7. While I am not very religious, I have a very strong Jewish cultural identity. Though, I am spiritual. I know that sounds dichotomous, but that’s me! ;)
8. I love roadtrips! I once drove 19 straight hours, going from Los Angeles to the Columbia Gorge on the WA/OR border – with a stop at the “Oregon Vortex”.
9. Even though the last few years have been very tough for my family, on numerous levels, I am trying to keep my usual positive attitude. It hasn’t always been easy.
10. Last, but certainly not least, I love my wife and kids more than anything!
As for the 10 bloggers I’d like to pass the Honest Award on to, I’d like to include JeffR, but he already has received the award. Most of these blogs I frequent, but some are ones that I have only been to once or twice, yet found interesting or helpful … and, yes, honest! In no particular order:
1. Ramblings of a Bored Cook
2. Campviola’s Blog
3. Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right
4. Mom’s Need To Know
5. The One Stop Thought Shop
6. NieNie Dialogues
7. The Pioneer Woman
8. My Man’s Belly
9. What’s Cooking With Doc
10.The Taste Buds
I’m sure I’ve missed a couple others I’d like to include. But, with my head hopelessly clogged from this cold/flu I’m just not thinking as clearly as I’d like. Also, I want to thank JeffR, not only for the award, but for the fun exercise that accompanies it.
©2010 Caution: Caveman Cooking/UHearMe, Inc. All rights reserved. This originally appeared on the Caution: Caveman Cooking blog at http://cavemancooking.net authored by Caveman. This may be shared and reprinted as long as this entire copyright message accompanies it.